Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Preparing for Panda-monium, part 1: A Scribe's Stockpile

Welcome to the first installment of: (insert explosion) Preparing for Panda-monium!! 

If there's one thing I've learned so far, as an overarching life theme, it's that being prepared is the key to success. Making gold is no different. I'm not really getting too specific with my stockpile posts; I just want to get some discussion started. With that being said, I'm kicking off this new series with one of my favorite professions ever, inscription.

How's the saying go, "The ink is mightier than the glyph??"

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it looks like right now on live there are roughly 342 unique Glyphs available to players. Come mists, that total is moving up to roughly 415. Not only are they adding a ton of new low-level Glyphs, they are also removing Prime Glyphs and reworking or removing a ton of them. There will be [most likely be] a lot of change coming to inscription, probably more than any profession's levels 1-525. Since so much is changing, and no one wants to end up with stacks of Faded Glyphs, your best bet is to stop stockpiling actual Glyphs and migrate over to the materials used to make them.

On to my real point... 

If you don't get anything else from reading this post, make sure to pay attention to this part: 
It might seem like a good idea to just stock up on Blackfallow Ink... 
"Hey, I can always just use it to buy whatever other low level inks I want right?" 
WRONG. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. Just like in the late days of WotLK, there will come a day soon when good-ol' Stanly McCormik will decide that he just isn't getting his money's worth from trading Blackfallow Ink and will move on to other, more expensive inks. Unless you just loooooove making those Glyphs of Colossus Smash, do not hold on to Blackfallow Inks for creating glyphs. 

"No thanks, Blackfallow Ink is basically cancer." 

Save yourself the epic disappointment and embarrassment and just convert that stuff into other useful inks, as soon as possible. Since Packs of Endless Pockets are relatively cheap, just make some ink alts and stash away your ink there. I'n closing, this is what one of my ink alts looks like:

I like to store my ink in gallon jugs.
Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment